September 28, 2015

BOOK REPORT: SEPTEMBER

The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball: I could not put this book down. This was a beautifully written memoir by a woman who made a drastic leap from singleness in New York City to marriage on a farm. It generously fed my romanticized vision of farm life, and then abruptly checked it with healthy doses of harsh reality. I loved it.

Essentialism by Greg McKeown: This was a timely read for me. It’s all about deciding what the most important things in your life/career are and then cutting out the nonessentials to be able to do those things effectively. It gave me a lot to think about. The copy I read was from the library, but I’d like to buy this one so I can read it again with a highlighter in hand.

The Magician’s Nephew by C. S. Lewis: This is possibly my favorite book in the Chronicles of Narnia. I don’t know how many times I’ve read it, but it still gives me tingles. It’s a fantastic creation story with sharp insights into human nature, good vs. evil, and plenty of magic. I will never tire of reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment