August 28, 2015

NEW NIBS

I got new calligraphy nibs and I am ridiculously excited about them. Seriously, the first time I tried them out, I could not stop grinning :) 

When I first decided to give dip pen calligraphy a try, I bought the Nikko G nib. It was highly recommended for beginners, but honestly, I was a little disappointed with it. It's not very flexible, so I couldn't get the nice, fat downstrokes I was craving. But, it was the only nib I had for a while, so I got used to it. That made new nibs even more exciting. They all felt so different to write with, and this might be a little obvious, but I love how each nib has its own distinct effect. 

When I tried each nib out for the first time, I felt like every one of them was my new favorite. Now that I've calmed down a little bit, I'm looking forward to finding the perfect nib for different projects and seeing how they all play with a variety of inks. I can barely contain my excitement, thanks for letting me gush :)

No comments:

Post a Comment