September 14, 2015

CHRISTMAS CARDS

It seems way too early to even be thinking about Christmas, so showing you these cards now feels a little wrong. But this is what I've been working on this weekend, and I'm too happy with them not to show them off :) 

In about a month, my church is hosting a bazaar and I'm thinking about renting a table to sell some of my artwork. The problem is, I don't have a lot of very sellable artwork lying around. So these cards were a little test I gave myself. I figured if I could make something to sell over the weekend, maybe I'd be able to make enough stuff to fill a bazaar table next month. 

The idea for these cards has been kicking around my mind for a while now. I wanted to make an otomi-like pattern with an Alaskan spin. There are so many Alaskan animals to choose from, so I decided to make two - one featuring sea life and the other forest creatures.

There are so many little details, I'm afraid I could keep tweaking them forever. I can already spot a couple things I'll change, but if I had to, I'd be okay just calling these cards done. One of the nice things about the designs is that they're not too Christmasy, so I could also make them general greeting cards. I also think they'd be beautiful letter-pressed instead of just printed flat. Looks like I've got plenty of options to play with :)



No comments:

Post a Comment