September 7, 2015

LIFE LATELY: IN DOODLES




1. I am learning more and more that planning and preparation are the secrets to living well. I’ll eat healthy lunches if I make a whole week’s worth in advance. Mornings are so much better when I shower and plan an outfit the night before. Birthday cards will be sent on time only if I buy them a month early. In that spirit, I made two huge batches of soup last weekend and froze them in individual portion sizes. We've been eating them all week instead of frozen pizzas and I feel pretty good about that.

2. I can measure my days in podcast episodes. They are the perfect thing to listen to while working (or drawing, or cooking, or driving) and I keep finding new ones to love. Lately, I’ve been listening to a mix of Around the Table, The Lively Show, and Elise Gets Crafty.

3. My bangs have gotten obnoxiously long, which has me thinking about just growing them out. But not really, because I still love them. I just need to get past my laziness, pull out the scissors, and spend five minutes snipping them back to a reasonable length. 

4. Fall is undeniably here and I want to wear cozy sweatshirts every day. I have a couple of favorites that are in heavy rotation, but I’d like to grow my collection a little bit. This one in particular caught my eye, and I will be waiting eagerly for it to go on sale.  

5. My building has the best security guard. His name is Uso, he’s from Hawaii, and he keeps me well supplied with Hawaiian chocolates and macadamia nuts, and this week he brought me a pineapple. I reciprocate with homemade cookies and will be making a big batch this weekend. It’s a wonderful arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment