September 4, 2015

CALLIGRAPHY PRACTICE

When practicing calligraphy, sometimes the real challenge is just finding something to write. When I'm learning a new style, I start with the alphabet, but writing the ABCs over and over can get a little dull. So today I thought I'd write out one of my favorite colloquialisms. And then I found another good one to keep it company.

I love this easy, casual style, but lest you think I'm getting lazy, here is another alphabet I'm working on mastering. It's significantly trickier and requires things like guidelines. 

Not too long ago, this article sparked an internet (& Instagram) movement. The idea is simple - do something for 100 days. I love a good goal that comes with a timeline, so I'm jumping on board. For 100 days (from September 1 through December 9) I will be practicing calligraphy. Which means I'll have to come up with lots of things to write. I don't plan to create a masterpiece every day, but I think it will be fun to see how much I improve after so much practice, and hopefully I'll end up with a few things I really like. I'll be sure to share the highlights here, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment