September 2, 2015

DREAM VACATION: O'AHU





It just isn't summer until I've spent some time on a beach. That's not going to happen in Alaska, so I've been doing a little daydreaming. I've never been to Hawaii and it's a relatively short flight from Anchorage, so I went ahead and planned a dream vacation for some day in the future.

For starters, I'd love to stay in this Airbnb. It looks adorable, and more importantly, it's right next to Kailua Beach Park.

While I would probably be perfectly content to spend an entire vacation with nothing but the surf and the sand, it seems a shame to go all the way to O'ahu and not check out at least a few of the cool things to see there. Sticking with the beach theme, it would be awesome to take a surf lesson in Waikiki and go snorkeling in Hanauma Bay. And at Sea Life Park Hawaii you can go swimming with dolphins!

There are a couple historical sites I'd love to see too. Pearl Harbor is a must, and Iolani Palace looks like a gorgeous place to spend an afternoon learning more about Hawaii's history.

The north shore is where professional surfers go for the waves, but I'd like to check it out for the food. Haleiwa and Kahuku are supposed to be great places to find shrimp trucks, pupu platters, snow cones and plenty of shops and galleries.

I may not be boarding a plane tomorrow, but I am so ready for a Hawaiian vacation. Hopefully not too far in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment