September 21, 2015

LIFE LATELY: IN DOODLES


1. It is spider season. That delightful time of year when the weather turns cold and all the spiders decide to move indoors. It’s especially apparent when you live in a basement, like me. Nick has killed several spiders for me in the last few weeks, and I’ve even had to put on a brave face and kill a few myself. My favorite method is with a vacuum cleaner from a safe distance.

2. A couple months ago, a funny thing happened. The radio in our car stopped working. It just stopped producing sound of any kind. To get it fixed, a part had to be ordered, and it took about a month for it to arrive. So for a month, Nick and I had no sound in our car besides our own conversation. It was strange at first, but then we got used to it, and now that our radio is working again, I’ve noticed that we mostly leave it off. I especially notice the difference when I’m driving alone. I’ve come to appreciate the silence, and I kind of like that.

3. Fall has hit hard and it’s brought a lot of rain with it. It may have arrived earlier than I’d like, but I still love this season, and I’m happy to have so many opportunities to wear my awesome rainboots. The book Big Sarah’s Little Boots affected me profoundly as a child, and to this day I strongly believe that rainboots should be yellow. 

4. I have a great-aunt-in-law in Chicago who has started sending me her hand-me-down clothing. Now, I realize that many women might not care too much for hand-me-downs from someone in their grandparents’ generation, but this lady is seriously stylish. My mother-in-law just went to visit her and brought back two big boxes for me to go through. It’s kind of like Christmas. I think my favorite keeper from this haul is this great little party dress that makes me feel like a cupcake (in a good way). Now I just need an event to wear it to :)

5. More seriously, Nick and I have been talking a lot about moving to North Dakota. He just interviewed for a job there that would be great for his career. Now we're on pins and needles waiting to hear if he got the job, and our heads are spinning with all the logistics involved in moving across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment